Did you know you can get any Windows computer’s MAC address without leaving your chair?
Simply open a command prompt and type:
getmac /s viper
If you are not on a domain, you may have to use the /U switch and pass the name of an administrator account on the other computer.
getmac /s <machine> /u <username> /p <password>
If you have issues with that, you can always use the arp command. You can use the ping command to figure out the IP address of a computer name, and then use this syntax:
arp -a <ipaddress>
There are probably a lot of other ways to get the information, but this will work.
- › Why a Laptop Stand Is the Next Desk Accessory You Need
- › How to Fix “Your System Has Run Out of Application Memory” on a Mac
- › Apple iPhone 14 Review: The Safe Choice That’s Worth Buying
- › 8 Signs Your Computer’s PSU Is Failing
- › We Wanted a Star Trek Replicator and All We Got Was Keurig Machines
- › What’s the Cheapest Streaming Service for Live Sports?