The same programmer that created yesterday’s Tabbed Explorer plugin also has another add-in that will give you Vista-style breadcrumbs in Windows XP. This application should be really helpful for those of you that aren’t ready to switch to Windows Vista yet, but want to get some of the new features.
Installation of this application is fairly simple, just unzip the files into the location you’d like to keep them, and then double-click on the QTAddressBar.exe file.
Select the Install option, and then click the Next button to register the component with Windows.
At this point you need to either log off and back on, or restart explorer.exe through Task Manager. You can select the File \ New Task option once you kill the process.
Assuming you are back from restarting explorer, now right-click on the toolbars area and do these two actions:
- Deselect Address Bar
- Select QT Breadcrumbs Address Bar
Now you’ll have an incredibly similar breadcrumbs implementation for Windows XP.
Of course, there are also some of you that don’t like the breadcrumbs in Vista, and there’s a way to disable those too.
- › Minimalist Explorer Breadcrumbs for Windows XP
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › Here’s How Mozilla Thunderbird Is Making a Comeback in 2022
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery