One of the most irritating “features” in Windows XP is the popup balloon dialog that tells you to clean your desktop. I booted up an old virtual machine a few minutes ago and encountered it again, so I decided to write up how to turn it off.
Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties, and then the Desktop tab, and then the Customize Desktop icon.
Now just uncheck the box for “Run Annoying Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days”
Just one example of a balloon I don’t want in my perfectly windy sky.
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › What’s the Best TV Viewing Distance?
- › Vertagear SL5000 Gaming Chair Review: Comfortable, Adjustable, Imperfect
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › 10 Quest VR Headset Features You Should Be Using
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes