It was only a matter of time before people started cloning Windows Vista features and adding them into Windows XP. One of my favorite Vista features is the thumbnails that popup when you mouse over the taskbar. And now I can use them in XP as well.
The utility we’ll use is called Visual Tooltip, which is a hybrid dock / thumbnail applicaton. With a few tweaks to the settings, we can make it work just like Vista thumbnails.
Here’s what it looks like on my desktop… pretty sweet!
To make your thumbnails look the same as mine, just follow these couple of steps. Download and start the application, and open up the options from the tray icon.
Increase the size of the sliders to make the thumbnail bigger, and then uncheck the option for “Size proportional to the target window”.
Click on the Display tab, and then uncheck the “Show window title”
That’s all there is to it.
- › Get the Beryl/Ubuntu "Desktop Cube" Effect for Windows
- › Save a Cool $20 on Apple’s Latest AirPods Pro Headphones Now
- › Microsoft Teams Wants to Replace Your Group Chats
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER
- › Frustrated with Sluggish Windows Performance? Audit Your Startup Programs Now
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › Slash 30% Off Acronis’ Robust Backup and Cybersecurity Tool