It was only a matter of time before people started cloning Windows Vista features and adding them into Windows XP. One of my favorite Vista features is the thumbnails that popup when you mouse over the taskbar. And now I can use them in XP as well.
The utility we’ll use is called Visual Tooltip, which is a hybrid dock / thumbnail applicaton. With a few tweaks to the settings, we can make it work just like Vista thumbnails.
Here’s what it looks like on my desktop… pretty sweet!
To make your thumbnails look the same as mine, just follow these couple of steps. Download and start the application, and open up the options from the tray icon.
Increase the size of the sliders to make the thumbnail bigger, and then uncheck the option for “Size proportional to the target window”.
Click on the Display tab, and then uncheck the “Show window title”
That’s all there is to it.
- › How to Hear a Chime When Google Assistant Speakers Are Listening
- › Use Google to View 3D Pac-Man and Anime Characters on Your Phone
- › How to Show the Number of Unread Gmail Emails in Your Browser Tab
- › How to Turn off Start and End Workout Notifications on Apple Watch
- › How to Add an App to the Dock on a Mac