[This tip is for beginners only.] By default, Windows XP keeps important system files and folders hidden to keep people from deleting files they shouldn’t.
To show hidden files, open Control Panel and double-click on Folder Options.
Click on the View tab, and then click the radio button for “Show hidden files and folders”
Now when you go back into explorer you will see additional folders you were not able to see previously.
Note: For those of you who want to tweak and hack on XP, looking closer at this list you will see a checkmark next to “Hide protected operating system files”.
To show protected system files, just uncheck this box and a warning confirmation dialog box will appear. Click Yes to verify and you will then have access to system files and folders.
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features