If you are annoyed with Windows popping up a balloon notification telling you things you already know every time you turn on your machine, here is a quick tip on completely disabling them. (Note this requires a registry modification so be sure to back up your registry before making any changes.)
You should note that this will disable all balloon notifications, so proceed with caution.
Click on Start \ Run and type in regedit
Now we will navigate to this path in your registry.
On the right pane right click on an open area and choose New \ DWORD Value
You will see New Value #1. Change this to EnableBalloonTips.
Next double click the new registry entry you created. In the Value Data field set it to 0 (zero). Make sure Hexadecimal is selected under Base. Click OK.
Finally restart your system and enjoy the clean boot up with no balloons popping up at you.
To remove this registry hack, just delete the registry key that you created.
- › Customize the Notification Area in Windows 7 Using Local Group Policy
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace