Do you wish the IE7 Menu bar was located where it was in IE6? Here is how to quickly create a registry fix to move it back to the top.
After you install IE7 you have to make the menu bar appear. Right click an empty spot on the tool bar and place a checkmark next to Menu Bar. It will also show up temporarily if you hold down the Alt key.
You will see that IE 7 puts the Menu Bar underneath the Address Bar which we don’t want.
Open up notepad by clicking Start \ Run, type in notepad and click OK.
Copy and paste the following script into notepad. You do not need to modify the code at all. Just copy and paste it into notepad.
Here is how we turn it into a reg key fix. Click on File \ Save As, but don’t click on Save until you read the next step.
Change your notepad Save as type to “All Files” and name the file something like IE7_Toolbar_fix.reg. Naming the file with the .reg extension is the key for this to work. Now you can click on Save.
You have just created a registry fix! Now double click the file you just created.
You will get the following confirmation screen. Click Yes.
The next screen will be confirming the registry key was added.
Close out of Internet Explorer if it is open and relaunch it. The Menu Bar is now on top!
To change the Menu bar back to the original position, use this registry script instead:
- › Maximize Your IE7 Tab Bar Space by Removing the Command Bar
- › What Is Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)?
- › How to Turn On the Flashlight on Android
- › Should You Plug a UPS Into a Surge Protector?
- › How to Remove Recommendations on Amazon Fire Tablets
- › How to Forward a Text Message on Android
- › Does an Ionic Air Purifier Clean Better Than Standard Units?