Let’s be honest: If you are reading this article, then you probably think the Windows Sidebar in Windows Vista is cheesy and useless. Thankfully it’s also easy to disable.
To disable the sidebar, right click on the sidebar or sidebar icon, and choose properties:
Uncheck the “Start Sidebar when Windows starts” checkbox:
Then right-click on the icon, and choose Exit to close the sidebar:
Your sidebar should now be gone, and won’t start back up with Windows anymore.
- › Optimize Your Computer Screen Real Estate
- › The 20 Best Windows Tweaks that Still Work in Windows 7
- › Keep Your Vista Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder
- › Disable Sidebar / Desktop Gadgets on Windows 7
- › 8 Cybersecurity Tips to Stay Protected in 2022
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How to Speed Up a Slow iPhone
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11