Let’s be honest: If you are reading this article, then you probably think the Windows Sidebar in Windows Vista is cheesy and useless. Thankfully it’s also easy to disable.
To disable the sidebar, right click on the sidebar or sidebar icon, and choose properties:
Uncheck the “Start Sidebar when Windows starts” checkbox:
Then right-click on the icon, and choose Exit to close the sidebar:
Your sidebar should now be gone, and won’t start back up with Windows anymore.
- › Keep Your Vista Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder
- › The 20 Best Windows Tweaks that Still Work in Windows 7
- › Disable Sidebar / Desktop Gadgets on Windows 7
- › Optimize Your Computer Screen Real Estate
- › Shift+Enter Is a Secret Shortcut Everyone Should Know
- › Keychron Q8 Mechanical Keyboard Review: An Advanced Keyboard for All Uses
- › Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 Review: A Vegan Leather Laptop That Means Business
- › 10 Awesome iPad Features You Should Be Using