Let’s be honest: If you are reading this article, then you probably think the Windows Sidebar in Windows Vista is cheesy and useless. Thankfully it’s also easy to disable.
To disable the sidebar, right click on the sidebar or sidebar icon, and choose properties:
Uncheck the “Start Sidebar when Windows starts” checkbox:
Then right-click on the icon, and choose Exit to close the sidebar:
Your sidebar should now be gone, and won’t start back up with Windows anymore.
- › Disable Sidebar / Desktop Gadgets on Windows 7
- › Keep Your Vista Desktop Clean with the Magic Folder
- › The 20 Best Windows Tweaks that Still Work in Windows 7
- › Optimize Your Computer Screen Real Estate
- › Stable Diffusion 2 Is Here, but Not Everyone’s Happy
- › Proton Mail and Calendar Are Getting Even Better
- › Tumblr and Flickr Might Join Mastodon’s “Fediverse” Network
- › How to Add a Trendline in Google Sheets