If you want to speed up browsing around in explorer, you might think about disabling thumbnail previews in folders.
Note that this works in Windows 7 or Vista
To make this change, click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.
Click the View tab, and then check the Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox.
Click OK, and you’re done.
- › 175 Windows 7 Tweaks, Tips, and How-To Articles
- › Best Windows 7 Explorer Tips and Tricks
- › The Best Articles for Tweaking and Customizing Windows 7
- › Fix for COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working Error in Vista
- › The 50 Best Ways to Disable Built-in Windows Features You Don’t Want
- › These Gadgets Banish Mosquitos
- › INNOCN Ultrawide 40-Inch 40C1R Monitor Review: A Huge Deal With Some Compromises
- › 4 Ways You’re Damaging Your Laptop’s Battery