If you want to speed up browsing around in explorer, you might think about disabling thumbnail previews in folders.
Note that this works in Windows 7 or Vista
To make this change, click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.
Click the View tab, and then check the Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox.
Click OK, and you’re done.
- › Fix for COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working Error in Vista
- › Best Windows 7 Explorer Tips and Tricks
- › The 50 Best Ways to Disable Built-in Windows Features You Don’t Want
- › The Best Articles for Tweaking and Customizing Windows 7
- › 175 Windows 7 Tweaks, Tips, and How-To Articles
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › How to Speed Up a Slow iPhone
- › 8 Cybersecurity Tips to Stay Protected in 2022