Here at geek central, we’re in the business of making things as easy as possible. There’s a registry hack for Windows that will let you add a Copy To Folder or Move To Folder to the right-click menu, which can be very useful when you want to move a file but don’t have the other folder open already.
Right-click on a file:
And up pops a nice dialog that you can use to easily drop a file into the right directory.
Just download, unzip, and double-click on the registry files. You can choose to use the copy to, move to, or both.
Note: We’ve written about the manual way to do this before. This tip has been around for many years and also works on Windows XP.
- › How Wondershare PDFelement Enables Faster, Simpler, and Smoother PDF Editing Than Ever
- › How to See Which iPhone Apps Are Listening to Your Microphone
- › How to Use Microsoft’s “Money in Excel” to Manage Your Finances
- › How to Change Watch Faces on Apple Watch
- › How to See the Most Recent Updates Windows 10 Installed