I know what you are thinking. You want to open https://www.howtogeek.com, but it’s such a hassle to type in the http:// and the www and the .com. Here’s your shortcut method.
On modern browsers, such as IE7 and Firefox, hitting Ctrl + Enter will automatically fill in the www. and the .com part of the URL. Let’s see an example:
Just type in howtogeek into the address bar in your browser:
Now hit Ctrl + Enter together:
You saved yourself 15 keystrokes!
More Keystroke combinations:
- Ctrl + Enter – Auto-complete *.com address
- Shift + Enter – Auto-complete *.net address
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter – Auto-complete *.org address
If you add Alt to any of those key combinations, it will auto-complete and open the new address in a new tab as well. Alt+Ctrl+Enter will auto-complete a *.com address in a new tab, for instance.
- › Windows 10 Security PSA: Enable Automatic Store Updates
- › How the New Control Center in macOS Big Sur Works
- › What’s the Difference Between Linux and Unix?
- › How to Turn Off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
- › How to Get Mermaid DIY Recipes From Pascal in ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’