I know what you are thinking. You want to open https://www.howtogeek.com, but it’s such a hassle to type in the http:// and the www and the .com. Here’s your shortcut method.
On modern browsers, such as IE7 and Firefox, hitting Ctrl + Enter will automatically fill in the www. and the .com part of the URL. Let’s see an example:
Just type in howtogeek into the address bar in your browser:
Now hit Ctrl + Enter together:
You saved yourself 15 keystrokes!
More Keystroke combinations:
- Ctrl + Enter – Auto-complete *.com address
- Shift + Enter – Auto-complete *.net address
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter – Auto-complete *.org address
If you add Alt to any of those key combinations, it will auto-complete and open the new address in a new tab as well. Alt+Ctrl+Enter will auto-complete a *.com address in a new tab, for instance.
- › Keyboard Ninja: 21 Keyboard Shortcut Articles
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › UGREEN Nexode 100W Charger Review: More Than Enough Power
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › Why You Want Mesh Wi-Fi, Even If You Just Need One Router
- › Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (2022) Review: Weak but Cheap