If you are doing any kind of PHP development, you’ll almost always be using Apache along with it. Here’s the quick and easy way to get PHP up and running on your Ubuntu box.
First, you’ll want to add the extra repositories to Ubuntu’s sources.list file.
From a command shell, you will run the following commands:
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install php5
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Note that if apache is already installed you can omit the first line. Your web files will now be found in /var/www/
- › Be Careful Before Running Your Computer From a Gas Generator
- › Google’s Pixel Tablet Will Turn Into a Smart Display
- › How to Find Your Parked Car with an iPhone or Apple Watch
- › What Is “Watch Only” Mode on a Galaxy Watch? (and How to Use It)
- › Google Pixel Watch Arrives With Wear OS 3 and $349 Price
- › ASUS’ 16-Inch Convertible Chromebook Is $170 Off This Week