If you have installed multiple versions of an application into your system, you may wonder which command is being run from the command line when you launch it. This is especially useful to figure out the path of php when running on a shared server, as many shared servers have both php4 and php5 installed.
To find the path of the application, you can use the which command, followed by the executable that you would have run.
# which svn
# which php
- › See Where a Package is Installed on Ubuntu
- › How to Add or Remove a Secondary Axis in an Excel Chart
- › Microsoft Now Sells Tiny Hoodies for Cold Xbox Controllers
- › What is File Versioning, and Do You Need It?
- › Google Chrome Has a New Search Sidebar: Here’s How to Use It
- › You Can Now Get Proton Calendar on Your iPhone
- › How to Add Travel Time to a Google Calendar Event