VMware includes the ability to copy and paste to and from your virtual machine window. To enable this, you will need to install the VMware tools inside your virtual machine.
Once your VMware tools are installed, you will want to launch the vmware toolbox utility, which must be running if you want copy and paste to work.
Go to your command line, and run the following command:
> vmware-toolbox &
When you see this window pop up, you should be able to copy and paste
I usually just send the window to another desktop so it doesn’t interfere with what I’m doing. Now you can copy and paste!
Tested on: Ubuntu Dapper, Ubuntu Edgy Eft
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?