This approach works for any linux operating system, including Ubuntu, and is probably most often used in conjunction with web development work.
tail -f /path/thefile.log
This will give you a scrolling view of the logfile. As new lines are added to the end, they will show up in your console screen.
For Ruby on Rails, for instance, you can view the development logfile by running the command from your project directory:
tail -f log/development.log
As with all linux apps, Ctrl+C will stop it.
- › How To Knock Into Your Network (DD-WRT)
- › How to Enable Battery-Saving Mode in Google Chrome
- › How to Use an Advanced Filter in Microsoft Excel
- › Score Microsoft’s New Surface Pro 9 at Its Lowest Price Ever
- › The Logitech Litra Will Brighten Your Webcam View at $10 Off
- › Here Are the Best iPhone Apps of 2022, According to Apple
- › Linux on Apple Silicon Macs Is Now Good Enough for Gaming