Reader John wrote in today asking how to set Opera to open directly to the Speed Dial page… so after a bit of testing I figured it out, and am sharing with everybody else.
If you are unfamiliar with Opera’s Speed Dial, it’s an extremely useful page that shows you thumbnails of sites, and allows you to quickly navigate to them using the mouse or keyboard:
Set Speed Dial as Opera Start Page
Open up Tools \ Preferences from the menu, and then change the Startup drop-down to “Start with blank page”. (Note that this will prevent you from loading up the tabs from last session automatically)
Next, you’ll need to click on Advanced \ Tabs and then “Additional tab options”:
Now just make sure to uncheck the box for “Allow window with no tabs” (it may not be checked by default)
At this point Opera should start up with nothing but the Speed Dial. I find this extremely useful, since I mostly use Opera when I want to quickly look something up.
- › How to Send Directions to Waze on Your Phone From Your Computer
- › How to Share and Assign Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Turn Off Automatic Picture-in-Picture on iPhone
- › How to Disable iMessage Mention Notifications on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Control Smart Home Devices in the Control Center on iPhone or iPad