I was stumbling around the web yesterday when I came across a blast from the past: The original SkiFree game for Windows, written by a Microsoft programmer on Windows 3.0 back in 1991. Imagine my surprise when I found out the same game actually works just fine on Windows Vista.
The game is based on the original terminal game for VAX systems, the graphics of which aren’t very impressive:
If you use the mouse to control the game, you can click the mouse button to make him jump… although I seem to land in the trees more often than not.
I’m really not terribly good at this game:
What old-school games do you miss? Tell us in the comments and we’ll try and find them and do a roundup of classic games. (If you are reading through RSS or Email click here to leave a comment)
- › How to Play Microsoft Edge’s Secret Surfing Game
- › Geek Fun: Remember the Old-School SkiFree Game?
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER