When you want to quickly insert a horizontal line into your Word document instead of going through the Borders and Shading dialog box in the Ribbon here is a keyboard shortcut to save you time.
In this example I put a simple divider line between two paragraphs in my document. Just type 3 dashes — and hit ‘Enter’ immediately after.
You can also change the type of horizontal line you are inputting by changing up the characters you use for this short cut. In the following Word screen shot the green highlighted area shows the various horizontal line breaks possible. Three asterisks***, three underscores___, three equal signs ===, three pound signs ###, and three tildes ~~~
- › 10 Quick Tips to Get the Most from Microsoft Office
- › How to Insert a Vertical Line in Microsoft Word: 5 Methods
- › Logitech MX Master 3S Mouse Review: Muted Refinements
- › The Best Budget Speakers of 2022
- › 4 Useless Tech Products You Shouldn’t Buy
- › Should You Buy a Drone?
- › What’s New in Chrome 102, Available Now
- › Do I Need Gold Plating on My Cables?