One of our favorite readers wrote in today asking how to tell if his Word 2007 installation was running Service Pack 1, since he couldn’t find the About dialog, which got me thinking… I bet most people don’t know where it is!
So Jeff, this article is for you, but hopefully it will help somebody else as well. This same method should work for all Office applications: Word, Excel, Access, and all the rest.
First click on the Office button in the upper left-hand corner.
Now click the Word Options button in the menu (or Excel options for Excel, etc)
Select the Resources tab on the left-hand pane, and then you’ll see “about Microsoft Office Word 2007” in the list.
You can click on the About button to bring up About dialog… and look, I’m running SP1 and didn’t even realize it.
You can do the same thing for any Office application.
- › How to Turn Off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
- › How to Get Mermaid DIY Recipes From Pascal in ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’
- › How to Insert a PDF into Microsoft Word
- › Macs Will Run iPhone and iPad Apps: Here’s How It Will Work
- › Can Law Enforcement Really Track Someone Down with an IP Address?