In a previous article we showed you how to quickly clean out your inbox. Here we will show you how to have more control over what is kept and what is not. Let’s look at a way to archive the older items so your inbox is not so cluttered up.
AutoArchive is turned on by default in Outlook 2007 and will actually remove some of the oldest files (you determine the amount of time) completely.
Open Outlook and click on Tools \ Options
Now click on the Other tab and click the AutoArchive button.
This opens up a whole menu of options and settings to pick from: for instance you can choose how often AutoArchive runs. In this example I picked 20 days. I also place a check next to “Prompt before AutoArchive runs” just in case there is something I do not want deleted.
This is also where you decide when to clean out old items and the location to move them to. Of course you can always select to permanently delete old items if you do not want to keep them around any longer. Click OK and your settings are saved!
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (2022) Review: Weak but Cheap
- › UGREEN Nexode 100W Charger Review: More Than Enough Power
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › Why You Want Mesh Wi-Fi, Even If You Just Need One Router