By default, when you start Outlook, the inbox of the first email account you added is automatically opened. However, that may not be the email folder you use most.
You can choose a different folder in that account or in a different account when Outlook opens. Maybe you created a rule to move email from a specific person or company into a folder and you want to access that folder automatically when you open Outlook. Or, maybe you want to open an inbox from an account you added recently. We’ll show you how to select which folder opens automatically.
To get started, click the “File” tab on the main Outlook window.
On the backstage screen, click “Options” in the list of items on the left.
On the Options dialog box, click “Advanced” in the list of items on the left.
In the Outlook start and exit section on the right, click the “Browse” button to the right of the “Start Outlook in this folder” box.
On the Select Folders dialog box, all your accounts are listed with their respective folders under them. Select any folder from any account and click the “OK” button.
Click the “OK” button on the Options dialog box.
Now, when you open Outlook, your chosen folder will open automatically.
- › How to Restart Your Island in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How to Click the Home Button with a Mouse on an iPad
- › You Can Relive the GameCube on a Modern TV, and It’s Amazing
- › 9 Ways to Quickly Make Money in “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”
- › How Apple’s 2020 iPad Pro Compares to the 1994 Trackpad Mac