Firefox has a spooky feature called “Prefetching” that downloads pages that it thinks you are going to click on. (note: this is a good excuse for how those pages ended up in your history). It’s also a waste of CPU and bandwidth that slows Firefox down.
To turn off this behavior, type about:config into the address bar, and then type the following into the Filter bar:
Just double-click the item in the list to change it to false.
- › Does Hibernating My PC Save More Energy Than Sleep?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › Picsart Gold Review: A True Treasure for Quick Photo and Video Editing
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?