If you are the type of person that dislikes those little site specific icons, then this tip is for you. Favicons can be disabled completely in Firefox with a simple config change.
Just type about:config into the address bar, and then filter by browser.chrome. You should see something similar to this:
Set the value of these two preferences to false by double-clicking on them.
You’ll have to restart Firefox, but the favicons will be gone entirely.
Personally, I love favicons, but this article was a request.
- › The Best Tips and Tweaks for Getting the Most Out of Firefox
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › Wi-Fi 7: What Is It, and How Fast Will It Be?
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)