After becoming addicted to the new experimental Google Beta Shortcuts that let you navigate through results with your keyboard, it started to irritate me that I didn’t get to use the shortcut keys when I use a quick search in the Firefox address bar using the “?” keyword. Good thing it’s a very simple to change.
If you don’t have a keyword bookmark for Google Search yet, you can start by making a bookmark to this link (right-click and choose bookmark this link), and name it something useful.
Now right-click the new link and choose Properties.
Here’s where you’ll want to add the keyword ? into the keyword box, to make it look like this. (If you already have a keyword bookmark for Google Search, then add in the URL above into the location box here.
Now when you search in the location bar using the ? keyword like this…
You’ll get sent to the new experimental keyword navigation results:
I really should figure out why the google description for this site is so strange…
You can also install the google by keyword search plugin for Firefox or IE7.
- › How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER