So you try to middle click on a link on a page and miss the link… then the round “Auto Scroll” icon shows up and suddenly the page is moving around and scrolling all by itself. It drives me crazy, so when it was mentioned in the latest Coding Horror article I figured I would write it up in case anybody else wants to disable it.
Note: You can’t disable the same thing in Internet Explorer as far as I can tell. If anybody knows of a way, let me know.
Open up the Options dialog through Tools \ Options, click on the Advanced tab/button, and then uncheck the “Use autoscrolling” box.
The change should be immediate, no need to restart.
Note: This should work on Firefox 2 or 3.
- › Why SMS Text Messages Aren’t Private or Secure
- › How Wondershare PDFelement Enables Faster, Simpler, and Smoother PDF Editing Than Ever
- › How to See Which iPhone Apps Are Listening to Your Microphone
- › How to Use Microsoft’s “Money in Excel” to Manage Your Finances
- › How to Change Watch Faces on Apple Watch