If you use Windows Media Center in Vista or Windows 7, it can sometimes be annoying when it decides to download updates and waste bandwidth while you’re working on other things. Here we take a look at scheduling the updates for a specific time.
You may have noticed the icon in your system tray telling you Windows Media Center is updating.
To schedule the updates for a specific time, open Media Center and go to Tasks \ Settings \ General \ Automatic Download Options. Then schedule a start and stop time for downloading updates.
It’s annoying having WMC downloading updates if you’re working online and have a slower connection. This will allow you to still get the updates without interfering with your online activities.
- › How to Sign up for Apple One on iPhone and iPad
- › How to View 3D Halloween Characters in AR Using Your Phone
- › How to Set Up and Use Home & Away Routines with Google Assistant
- › How to Track Changes in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- › How to Bookmark Multiple Tabs in Safari on iPhone and iPad