If you use Windows Media Center in Vista or Windows 7, it can sometimes be annoying when it decides to download updates and waste bandwidth while you’re working on other things. Here we take a look at scheduling the updates for a specific time.
You may have noticed the icon in your system tray telling you Windows Media Center is updating.
To schedule the updates for a specific time, open Media Center and go to Tasks \ Settings \ General \ Automatic Download Options. Then schedule a start and stop time for downloading updates.
It’s annoying having WMC downloading updates if you’re working online and have a slower connection. This will allow you to still get the updates without interfering with your online activities.
- › How Wondershare PDFelement Enables Faster, Simpler, and Smoother PDF Editing Than Ever
- › How to See Which iPhone Apps Are Listening to Your Microphone
- › How to Use Microsoft’s “Money in Excel” to Manage Your Finances
- › How to Change Watch Faces on Apple Watch
- › How to See the Most Recent Updates Windows 10 Installed