Is your computer in an odd place where you sometimes find yourself accidentally hitting the power button and it shuts down in the middle of using it? Here we take a look at how to remedy the problem by instructing the power button what to do when it’s pressed.
Open Control Panel and select Power Options, then on the left side click on Choose what the power button does.
Then click on the dropdown box and select Do Nothing from the menu and click on Save changes.
From the dropdown list you can also select Shutdown, Sleep or Hibernate. But, if you are annoyed when you accidently hit the button and it shuts down, choosing Do Nothing will keep it running.
- › How to Quickly Scroll Through Home Screen Pages on iPhone and iPad
- › How to Play Android 11’s Hidden Easter Egg Game
- › How to Move a Window to Another Virtual Desktop on Windows 10
- › How to Replicate the iOS 14 App Library on Android
- › What’s the Deal with Google Home and Nest? Is There a Difference?