Windows 7 offers you location specific Aero themes based on the language and location you pick during installation. Here we will take a look at accessing other hidden themes from different countries.
When you first start the Windows 7 installation the first thing you will do is select a language, time and currency format. This is where Windows determines what themes you’re presented with by default.
Being from the US I’m presented with location specific themes from the United States with desktop backgrounds such as scenery from Maine, Idaho, Oregon etc.
To access the other international themes copy and paste the following path into the search box and hit Enter.
In the MCT folder you will find additional themes for Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Great Britain.
You can go in and grab just the Wallpapers…
Or go into the Theme folder double click on the the thumbnail to add it.
Here you can see I added all of them and now they will be available under the My Themes section for when you want to change them around.
This is a neat little trick that will let you customize Windows 7 with hidden themes already available. Also if you want to get more themes head over to the Microsoft site.
- › Learning Windows 7: Desktop Themes and Backgrounds
- › Customize the Title Bar and Other System Fonts in Windows 7
- › The Best Articles for Tweaking and Customizing Windows 7
- › 175 Windows 7 Tweaks, Tips, and How-To Articles
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › Don’t Put Your TV Over Your Fireplace
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?