The Tasks feature in Outlook is a great way to keep track of what you need to get done, but it’s also a good way to help collaborate with others and assign tasks to them. Here’s how to assign tasks to other people easily.
Note: the ability to assign tasks to others has been around for a while, so you can use it in previous versions out Outlook as well, it’s just in a slightly different place.
How to Assign a Task to Someone
There are a couple of ways you can assign tasks, including while you’re creating a new task—all you need to do is click on “Assign Task” on the Ribbon.
Or while you’re looking at the Tasks pane in Outlook, you can right-click on it and select Assign Task from the menu. This should work from any of the Tasks views.
Now you just need to enter the email address of the person who you’re assigning the task to.
Then the person you assigned the task to can add it to their list and send updates on it.
If you’re new to Outlook and the Tasks feature, this should get you started, and don’t forget to delegate your tasks!
- › How to Cancel Your YouTube Premium Subscription
- › SCUF Gaming Is the Latest Company to Leak Your Credit Card Number
- › How to Turn Off Photos in Spotlight Search Results on iPhone
- › Forget Windows 11: Windows 10’s 21H2 Update Arrives in November
- › How to Find Your Printer’s IP Address on Windows 10