Sometimes being able to send out a quick text message to someone you know would definitely be helpful. But what if you are at your computer and can not use your mobile phone? Just fire up your favorite email account and get that message out using the SMS Gateway addresses that we have collected together for you.
Photo by Steve Webel.
Note: Sending an email is always free, but the person that receives the message will probably be charged for a text message. Keep that in mind when using this.
Sending Text Messages
To get started simply enter the SMS Gateway address in the same way that you would with an email address, compose your message, and then send it on its’ way.
In just a short while your family, friends, or coworkers will have the new SMS show up on their mobile.
SMS Gateway Listing
To use the SMS Gateway addresses shown here enter the 10 digit mobile phone number for the person you are sending a message to in front of the appropriate address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: SMS Gateways shown here are for U.S. carriers only (links for additional U.S. & International carriers at end of article).
|Alltel Wireless||mobile-number@message.Alltel.com (SMS & MMS)
email@example.com (SMS) firstname.lastname@example.org (MMS)
|AT&T Wirelessemail@example.com (SMS)
|AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular)||firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sprint (PCS)||email@example.com SMS)
|Sprint (Nextel)||firstname.lastname@example.org (SMS)
email@example.com (Rich Messaging)
|Straight Talk||mobile-number@VTEXT.COM (SMS)
|U.S. Cellularfirstname.lastname@example.org (SMS)
|Virgin Mobileemail@example.com (SMS)
Finding Additional SMS Gateway Addresses
Photo by keepthebyte.
If your mobile phone carrier is not listed here you can find additional SMS Gateway addresses for the U.S. and International companies using these websites.
- › The Best Tips and Tricks for Using Email Efficiently
- › Ask How-To Geek: Salvaging Data by Freezing Your HDD, Wallpaper Swapping, and Emailing Text Messages
- › How to Harness Technology to Score Amazing Craigslist Deals
- › How to Send SMS Text Messages From an iPad
- › Can You Buy Too Big of a PSU?
- › 5 iPhone Screenshot Tricks You Should Know
- › Logitech G502 X Plus Lightspeed Wireless Mouse Review: Feature-Rich and Ergonomic
- › What’s New in Chrome 106, Arriving Today