If you’re a music enthusiast who prefers Ogg file formats, you’ll find that common players like WMP and iTunes don’t play them without some work. Here is an easy way to get Ogg files to play in iTunes.
Some music enthusiasts might have some Ogg music files in their collection and want to play them in iTunes. Unfortunately, by default you won’t be able to play them, but with a simple download we can make iTunes play Ogg Vorbis files.
By default iTunes is not capable of playing Ogg files. If you try to add an Ogg file to iTunes it can’t even be added to the Library.
Download and Install XiphQT
Note: Here we are showing the process for iTunes for Windows, but XiphQT is also available for OS X.
To play .ogg files the first thing to do is download and install the XiphQT QuickTime Component for Windows or OS X (link below). Make sure your closed out of iTunes and in Windows go through the wizard and accept the defaults.
Now startup iTunes and you’ll be able to add your .ogg files and play them in iTunes. Very easy!
If you are a fan of the Ogg file format or have some in your music collection, and want to play the files in iTunes, this method is quick and easy.
- › Play Flac, Ogg, and Other File Formats in Windows 7 Media Player the Easy Way
- › The Best Articles for Playing, Customizing, and Organizing Your Media
- › 4 Ways to Ruin Your Smartphone’s Battery
- › 10 Things Blocking Your Wi-Fi Signal at Home
- › Here’s How Mozilla Thunderbird Is Making a Comeback in 2022
- › Why Do I See “FBI Surveillance Van” in My Wi-Fi List?
- › ExpressVPN Review: An Easy-to-Use and Secure VPN for Most People
- › What Can You Do With the USB Port on Your Router?