Do you want to clean up the Speed Dial page in Opera so that only the thumbnails are visible? Today we show you a couple of tweaks that will make it happen.
Speed Dial Page
The search bar and text at the bottom take up room and add clutter to the look and feel of Opera’s Speed Dial page.
Changing the Settings
Two small tweaks to the config settings will clean it all up. To get started type opera:config into the address bar and press enter.
Type “speed” into the quick find bar and look for the Speed Dial State entry. Change the 1 to 2 and click save.
You will see the following message concerning the changes…click OK.
Next type “search” into the quick find bar and look for the Speed Dial Search Type entry. Remove all of the text in the blank and click save.
Once again you will see a message about the latest change that you have made. At this point you may need to restart Opera for both changes to take full effect.
There will be a noticeable difference in how the Speed Dial page looks afterwards and is much cleaner without the Search bar and text field.
You will also still be able to access the right click context menu just like before.
If you have been looking to get a cleaner and less cluttered Speed Dial page in Opera, then these two little hacks will get the job done!
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › Stop Listening to Celebrity Advice on Crypto (and Everything Else)
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website
- › GORILLA.BAS: How to Play the Secret MS-DOS Game From Your Childhood
- › How-To Geek Is Looking for a Future Tech Writer (Freelance)