If you have to deal with a lot of spreadsheets, you’re probably really bored right now. You also might be wondering how to turn a row into a column, or a column into a row. Here’s how to do it with Google Docs Spreadsheets.
If you’re an Excel user, you’re also in luck, because we’ve already shown you how to turn a row into a column, or vice-versa. It won’t make you any less bored though.
Convert a Row to a Column (or backwards)
The first thing you’ll need is a column or a row of information that you want to convert into the opposite. For our example, we’ve got this set of data that we created by using the Auto Fill options in Google Docs.
Now in another cell, you’ll need to use the TRANSPOSE function, which you can use by simply typing in the following:
And then selecting the cells with the mouse, or manually typing in the range of cells you want to copy. The final function in this example was:
Finish it off with the final ) character to complete the function, hit the Enter key, and there we are… the column was transposed over to the right.
You can use the same thing to turn columns into rows, or rows into columns—just change the range you are looking for.
- › 5 Annoying Features You Can Disable on Samsung Phones
- › Why Unlimited Mobile Data Isn’t Actually Unlimited
- › Google’s Pixel 6a and Pixel 7 Look Like Its Best Phones Yet
- › Using Wi-Fi for Everything? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t
- › MSI Clutch GM41 Lightweight Wireless Mouse Review: Versatile Featherweight
- › What Does “TFTI” Mean, and How Do You Use It?