Have you been looking for a way to watch your favorite viral videos from YouTube and Dailymotion from the couch? Today we take a look at an easy to use plugin which allows you to watch streaming video in Windows 7 Media Center.
The first thing we need to do is download and install the plugin called Macrotube (link below) following the defaults through the install wizard.
After it’s installed, open Windows 7 Media Center and you’ll find Macrotube in the main menu.
Currently there are three services available…YouTube, Dailymotion, and MSN Soapbox. Just select the service where you want to check out some videos.
You can browse through different subjects or categories…
Or you can search the the service by typing in what you’re looking for…with your remote or keyboard.
There is the ability to drill down you search content by date, rating, views, and relevance.
There are a few settings available such as the language beta, auto updates, and appearance.
Now just kick back and browse through the different services and watch what you want from the comfort of your couch or on your computer.
This neat project is still in development and the developer is continuing to add changes through updates. It only works with Windows 7 Media Player, but there is a 32 & 64-bit version. Sometimes we experiences certain videos that wouldn’t play and it did crash a few times, but that is to be expected with a work in progress. But overall, this is a cool plugin that will allow you to watch your favorite online content from WMC.
- › The How-To Geek Guide to Windows 7 Media Center
- › The Best Articles for Playing, Customizing, and Organizing Your Media
- › 7 Features Android Should Steal From iPhone
- › Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 Review: A Vegan Leather Laptop That Means Business
- › 10 Awesome iPad Features You Should Be Using
- › 10 Hidden Android 13 Features You Might Have Missed
- › Shift+Enter Is a Secret Shortcut Everyone Should Know
- › Keychron Q8 Mechanical Keyboard Review: An Advanced Keyboard for All Uses