Have you ever been browsing through photos or videos on your PC, and noticed that the thumbnails weren’t showing up properly? Sometimes they get corrupted, and you can quickly rebuild them to fix the problem.
Just for some background, let’s walk through what we’re talking about. Normally, when you’re browsing around your files, you’ll see thumbnails for pictures and videos that you are viewing. These thumbnails are all generated, and stored in a cache to make browsing files faster.
But sometimes… the cache gets corrupted, and we need to rebuild them. Here’s an example of what happens when it goes out of whack…
Rebuilding the Windows 7 Thumbnail Cache
All you have to do is open up Disk Cleanup through the start menu search box (just type in disk cleanup to find it)
Just make sure that Thumbnails is checked, and then click OK to run through the cleaning process.
- › Fix Slow-Loading Windows Icons by Increasing the Icon Cache
- › How to Rebuild a Broken Icon Cache in Windows 10
- › “Atari Was Very, Very Hard” Nolan Bushnell on Atari, 50 Years Later
- › How Much Does It Cost to Recharge a Battery?
- › The 10 Best Netflix Original Movies in 2022
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out