Have you ever come across a bunch of great articles that you want to read online, but just don’t have the time? Today we take a look at an online service that allows you to read your articles later, either online, or on an iPhone, or eReader.
Instapaper is an awesome tool that allows you to save web pages so you can read them at a later time. Not only does it save an online article to read later, but also gives you several choices for where you want to read it.
Sign up for a free account, and drag the “Read Later” bookmarklet to the bookmarks bar in your browser.
To save a page you’ll need to be logged into your account. When you’re at a page that you can’t read right away, just click on the Read Later button in the bookmarks bar.
After clicking the Read Later button, a small message is displayed indicating that the page has been saved to the Instapaper site.
Save as many pages as you want, and when you’re ready to read them, go to the Instapaper site and you’ll see a list of the articles you saved. You can click on the link to go directly to the saved oage, read it as text (leaving out a bunch of images), or archive the article for later.
One of the really appealing beta features is you can save the article in .mobi format for a Kindle, or ePub format for other eReaders such a the Sony Reader.
Another neat feature is the “Instapaper Text” bookmarklet that lets you view an article on a graphics heavy page with only text, but doesn’t save it to your account.
There are also other cool features such as iPhone Apps, Kindle automatic wireless delivery, send items to Google Reader, and more. If you wish you could collect all of the neat articles you run across each day for reading later via multiple formats, Instapaper is a great tool for the job.
- › Use Your PC to Keep Yourself Entertained While Traveling for the Holidays
- › How to Save Tweet Links for Later Reading from Your Desktop and Phone
- › Save Links for Later Reading in Firefox
- › Keychron Q8 Mechanical Keyboard Review: An Advanced Keyboard for All Uses
- › 10 Hidden Android 13 Features You Might Have Missed
- › 7 Features Android Should Steal From iPhone
- › 10 Awesome iPad Features You Should Be Using
- › Lenovo ThinkPad Z13 Gen 1 Review: A Vegan Leather Laptop That Means Business