Are you looking for a way to help organize your channel guide in Windows 7 Media Center? Today we’ll show you how to quickly and easily add color coding by category to your channel guide.
Add Color Coding
Applying color coding is a cool way to help identify the content of each channel. To add color coding open up Windows Media Center and go to Tasks > Settings.
Then click on TV…
Then go to Guide…
Then Guide Page Options…
Click the check box to select Apply colored backgrounds to shows, based on their category. Then click “Save.”
Now, when you access your program guide, the TV listings will be nicely color coded.
Media Center color codes your channel guide by the following 5 program categories.
|Light Blue||Kids shows|
This is another nice little addition to your Windows Media Center setup that adds visual appeal and brings your Media Center closer to the true DVR experience. Also make sure to check out our previous article where we showed you how to add Network logos to your channel guide in Windows 7 Media Center.
- › Buy an AirTag, Not a Tile Tracker (Unless You Use Android)
- › The Best AirTag Alternative for Android
- › How to Hear a Chime When Google Assistant Speakers Are Listening
- › Use Google to View 3D Pac-Man and Anime Characters on Your Phone
- › How to Show the Number of Unread Gmail Emails in Your Browser Tab