If you’re creating a large document with several pages you might want to add page numbers to keep them in order. Today we show you how to add page numbers on your documents in Word 2007 & 2010.
Add Page Numbers in 2007
To add page numbers, open your Word document and click the Insert tab on the Ribbon and select Page Number. From here select where you want the page numbers to appear in the document and choose from the gallery of page number formats.
In this example we selected the “Bold Numbers 1” format for the Footer, and after selected they will appear in the document.
After you’ve selected the page number format Headers & Footer Tools open in the Design tab. From here you can change different options such as Different Odd & Even Pages.
If you go to Print Preview, you can see how the page numbers will look when the document is printed out. If it doesn’t look how you like it, you can close out of Print Preview and choose another.
The process is virtually identical in Word 2010 as well. The only difference is when you view it in Print Preview, you’ll have more options offered in Backstage view.
The only difference is when you view it in Print Preview, you’ll have more options offered in Backstage view.
That is really all there is to it. The next time you have a large document with several pages, you’ll be able to insert page numbers to help people keep track of the data.
- › The Best How-To Geek Articles About Microsoft Office
- › How to Insert Page X of Y into a Header or Footer in Word
- › How to Enable and Disable Field Shading in Word
- › How to Add a Header or Footer to a Word Document
- › How To Create Printable Booklets in Microsoft Word
- › Intel’s New Tiny PC Has a 13th Gen Core i7 CPU
- › How to Create ChatGPT Personas for Every Occasion
- › SIMO Solis Lite Hotspot Review: Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi Wingman