Are you tired of those bland channel listings in Windows Media Center? Do you wish they had nice colorful logos like a commercial DVR? Here we look at adding a bit of color and flair to Media Center Channel listings with My Channel Logos.
Download, extract, and run the installer file.
When the install is finished, go to Start \ All Programs \ My Channel Logos to open the application. As you run My Channel Logos for the first time, it will proceed to download your regional logos to your PC.
After the Logo download is complete, the My Channel Logos windows will open. Click the Auto Populate Logos button to automatically assign logos to your channel listings.
When finished you will see a pop-up window indicating how many logos have been assigned. Click “OK.”
Under Merged Channel Listing, click to expand Channels without logos to see which, if any, of your channels are missing logos.
If you have some missing logos, you can choose to manually assign your own custom 96×42 pixel .png image. To assign a custom logo, click to highlight the channel, then click on the the dark blue box under logos.
This will pop up a browser window to allow you to browse your computer for a logo. When you’ve selected your .png image, click “Open.”
Your new logo will now been added to the channel listings.
Close out of My Channel Logos and open Windows Media Center to The TV listings guide and check out your new logos.
That’s it! Sit back and enjoy the new rich, colorful appearance of your channel listings.
- › Add Color Coding to Windows 7 Media Center Program Guide
- › The Best Articles for Playing, Customizing, and Organizing Your Media
- › Remotely Schedule and Stream Recorded TV in Windows 7 Media Center
- › The How-To Geek Guide to Windows 7 Media Center
- › 8 Cybersecurity Tips to Stay Protected in 2022
- › How to Get More Dynamic Range from Your Photos
- › How to Set Up Dual Monitors in Windows 11
- › How to Spot a Fraudulent Website