If you want to spice up your desktop easily in Windows 7 a good method is changing the Theme. If you’ve already exhausted the default Themes included in the OS, you might want to download new ones. Here we take a look at easily downloading new Themes from Microsoft’s Personalization Gallery.
To download new Themes right-click on the Desktop and select Personalize.
Then under My Themes click on Get more themes online.
That takes you to Microsoft’s site where you can select from a variety of New and Featured themes from the Personalization Gallery.
Now you can open and apply the theme right away, or save a bunch of them for use later.
Here are examples of the Avatar and Gears of War Themes.
For more information on Themes check out our Learning Windows 7 post on Desktop Themes and Backgrounds. Have fun!
- › How to Scan a File or Folder for Malware with Microsoft Defender on Windows 10
- › How to Use the whois Command on Linux
- › Don’t Worry: Windows 10’s Control Panel Is Safe (For Now)
- › How to Skip the Recycle Bin for Deleting Files on Windows 10
- › How to Select and Edit Messages with the Up Arrow in Slack