Instagram has added the ability for users to share stories with only a specific subset of people, rather than just anyone who follows them.
Users simply create a “Close Friends” list and then choose to only share certain stories with that group of people. To access the feature, go to your profile in the Instagram app and select “Close Friends List” in the side menu. From there, you can add your closest friends to the list. Whenever you share a story, you’ll have the option of sharing it with everyone or just your Close Friends.
There are a couple of things to be aware of. First, no one can request to be added to your list, so there will never be that awkward part where someone wants to join your list, but you’re not really feelin’ it. Secondly, your friends will know if you’ve added them to your Close Friends list, as a green badge will appear on their end when viewing stories that you’ve shared with only your list.
Better yet, people that you haven’t added to your list won’t see any of your designated stories at all, and won’t even know that they’ve been left out. Savage!
- › The Original Google Chromecast Won’t Get Any More Updates
- › You Can Now Use Apple Music Classical on Android Phones
- › Buy a Waterproof Speaker for the Pool, & Grab More Early Summer Sales
- › Static IP vs. Dynamic IP: What Is the Difference?
- › Windows 11 Has New CPU and RAM Monitoring Widgets
- › Does Your Steam Deck SD Card Affect Game Loading Times?