Today is Giving Tuesday, an international day that promotes charitable giving following Black Friday weekend. And this year, Amazon is making it easy to donate to Toys for Tots using Alexa.
The basic gist is pretty straightforward, just say “Alexa, donate to Toys for Tots.” Alexa will recommend a gift from the charity list, and you confirm the purchase. Amazon takes over from there.
To make things even better, for a limited time, Amazon will match your Tots donation. That means you’re effectively donating a pair of toys to a pair of kids in need. That’s awesome.
Of course, this isn’t the only thing does for charities. Its Smile program donates half a percent of the purchase price to a charity of your choice when you use the Amazon Smile website. While half a percent may not seem like a lot, it becomes quite the number when you think about how much business Amazon does in a single day. Now, if everyone would just use Smile instead of the “regular” Amazon site.
Either way, the point is the same: Amazon, for all its faults, does a good job of making it easy to donate to charity. This is just one more way.
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › UGREEN Nexode 100W Charger Review: More Than Enough Power
- › 10 Quest VR Headset Features You Should Be Using
- › Vertagear SL5000 Gaming Chair Review: Comfortable, Adjustable, Imperfect
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using