There are several sites offering thousands of free ebooks, but the formatting and typography is often pretty bad. Standard Ebooks is the exception.
This site gets the details right. Every book also has a beautiful cover made using public domain artwork. Books are proofread by an actual human, meaning there aren’t weird typos caused by the scanning process. Everything has complete metadata. And there are platform-specific downloads for Kindle and Kobo, meaning all features of those platforms are properly supported.
Not every public domain book you could imagine is offered, but a surprising number are, and it’s growing thanks to a team of volunteers. My suggestion: if you want to read a classic book check Standard Ebooks first, then head to Project Gutenburg if you can’t find a Standard version.
- › Dark Mode Is Coming to Windows Paint
- › I Bought a Leather Phone Case and I’m Never Going Back
- › Clean Without Compromise and Save on the Roborock S7 Max Ultra
- › 10 Common VPN Mistakes People Make
- › Jam Outdoors With This Harman Portable Speaker, Now $199.99
- › 9 Ways the Apple Watch Could Save Your Life