Chome 69 has a new, rounded look, but some people prefer the old style. Here’s how to get it back.
There’s a hidden option for switching the UI back to the old setting, as Mike Epstein pointed out today writing for Lifehacker. First type
chrome://flags in the address bar and hit enter. Next, search for “UI Layout for the browser’s top chrome.”
Switch from “Default” to “Normal.” Restart Chrome and you’ll have your sharp edges back, as shown at the top of this article.
Personally I prefer the new, rounded look, but everyone is entitled to their own aesthetic preferences. I’m not sure how long changing this setting will work to restore the classic Chrome look, but for now this does the trick. Enjoy!
- › Learn How to Brush Your Teeth Better With the Quip App
- › Apple WWDC 2023: How to Watch and What to Expect
- › Save Big on Online Privacy Protection, Samsung Tablets, & More
- › What’s New in Fedora 38
- › How to Make Desktop Icons Smaller on Windows 10 or Windows 11
- › Microsoft PowerPoint on the Web Has a New Video Feature