With macOS Mojave, Apple is bringing the dramatically improved screenshot tools from iOS over to the Mac, including support for annotation markup, and even letting you easily take videos of your desktop.
Once you take a screenshot using the built-in hotkeys, you’ll see the thumbnail briefly show up in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, just like it works on your iPhone now.
Click it, and you’ll be presented with annotation tools that let you mark up your screenshots just like the tools in the Preview app—you can draw on them, zoom in to sections of the picture, or perform other operations like cropping the image.
The tools might not be quite as powerful as some third-party tools are, but they are likely good enough to do what most people need.
RELATED: The Best Screenshot Apps for macOS
- › What Are the Best Nintendo Switch Games in 2022?
- › What’s New in Windows 11’s 22H2 Update: Top 10 New Features
- › T-Mobile Is Selling Your App Activity: Here’s How to Opt Out
- › A World Without Wires: 25 Years of Wi-Fi
- › NZXT Signal 4K30 Capture Card Review: Lossless High-Quality Footage
- › How Much Does It Cost to Operate an Electric Lawn Mower?