Apple is upgrading your iPhone’s notifications with iOS 12. Conversation threads and notification topics will now be grouped together, cleaning up your notification center.
For example, when you’re chatting with someone in Messages or any other chat app, you won’t see a long list of individual messages from that person in your notification center. You’ll now just see a single group of notifications from that person. You can always expand the group to see more notifications, of course.
This isn’t just for conversation threads. Notifications with the same topic can now be grouped together. For many apps, you’ll see just a single group that contains all that app’s notifications. For example, when you’re using Twitter, you won’t see a huge list of retweets, likes, and other social media actions. You’ll just see a single Twitter notification group that won’t completely flood your notifications.
You can swipe to quickly clear a group of notifications all at once, too.
Apple pitched this feature as one way to help battle smartphone addiction, but it’s something all iPhone users are sure to love. Grouped notifications have been a popular feature on Android, and one many iPhone users have been asking for.
- › Save Big on an Android TV Projector, Portable SSD, and More
- › Have a Snow Blower? This Tool Will Keep You Out of the ER
- › How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows
- › How to Delete a BeReal Post
- › The Proton Drive App for iPhone and Android is Finally Here
- › Google Chrome Will Upgrade Page Links for Better Security