Google Maps has a new look on mobile, along with new recommendation features.
The main new thing here is “For You,” an AI curated list of recommendations and links to articles about nearby restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. It’s meant to be an easy way to find out about new places, and it learns more about what you like the more you use it. This isn’t so much for finding something to do right now as it is learning about what’s available near you for future reference.
If you want something to do right now the “Explore” section has also been streamlined. You can scroll through and find categories to tap on, like “College bars” or “Mexican food.” You’ll also see upcoming events nearby, like baseball games or concerts.
These updates aren’t going to change the world or anything, but they’re well worth checking out. Enjoy!
- › The 5 Biggest Android Myths
- › Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (2022) Review: Weak but Cheap
- › 10 Great iPhone Features You Should Be Using
- › Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Has Internal Upgrades, Not Design Changes
- › Why You Want Mesh Wi-Fi, Even If You Just Need One Router
- › UGREEN Nexode 100W Charger Review: More Than Enough Power