Chrome/Firefox: Your monitor is basically a lightbulb, which is why white backgrounds are hard on the eyes. Dark Reader is a browser extension that turns bright websites dark, sparing your retinas.
Dark modes are in vogue right now: Windows 10 already has one and macOS is getting one later this year. But websites have mostly stuck to the black text on white background paradigm brought to us by paper.
Dark Reader basically inverts colors, but you can customize things a little on a per-site basis, as shown above. You can also create a list of sites that aren’t affected. Give it a spin, because it really does make things easier on the eyes.
- › How to Sign up for Apple One on iPhone and iPad
- › How to View 3D Halloween Characters in AR Using Your Phone
- › How to Set Up and Use Home & Away Routines with Google Assistant
- › How to Track Changes in a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- › How to Bookmark Multiple Tabs in Safari on iPhone and iPad