Hi - great forum...
I was wondering if you could provide pros/cons on the system I'm thinking of putting together. This is primarily for work (heavy PhotoShop, several web design/dev apps open at once), with some gaming (hopefully) likely. Thanks for your help on this!
You can check out the "wishlist" on newegg.com: https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=9821648&WishListTitle=james-new-08
or see below.
- ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail
- ASUS EN8800GT/G/HTDP/512M GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail (2 to bring me up to 8GB)
- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
- SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S203B - OEM
- Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
- Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply - Retail
- Vista Ultimate 64-bit, OEM version
...all this comes out to about $1,266 before rebates.