The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - wscript.exe problem

(4 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by mrinal1994
  • Latest reply from mrinal1994
  • Topic Viewed 6899 times

mrinal1994

wscript.exe is using almost more than 95% of cpu memory(my pc has 2 gb ram)
can anyone tell me what's the problem?
i just stopped it by windows task manager ,is it fine?>>>>>>>

Posted 8 years ago

GuiltySpark

Hi mrinal1994, The chances are its a perfctly legit program, wscript.exe is a windows scripting service turning it off in task manager will not affect your system, however some virus progs can latch on to these files I would advise opening start menu Run--msconfig--startup and see if there are any dodgy looking file names if so post back if not you can simply go through unchecking one at a time to see if it has any effect.

Posted 8 years ago

marks100

If wscript.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows then the security rating is 16% dangerous. File size is 114,688 bytes. The program is not visible. File wscript.exe is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. File wscript.exe is not a Windows core file. you can run a scan http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html to see if you pick up anything( should be fine), why not disable reboot , cheak cpu, then re-enable cheak cpu make a note of any diffrence.

mark.

Accepted Answer · Posted 8 years ago

mrinal1994

well i did nothing any more and i believe my pc is running well for now
thanks dude for ur support

Posted 8 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere

Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.